If you would like to fulfil this request, please contact us via email or via the contact form on this page, putting the school/college name in the subject.
(Please click on this link to see the details of the scheme and costs: Webinar Request Scheme. Also, please click on the school logo above to go to their website if you need further background).
Request Summary: The request is seeking two simultaneous Humanities taster lecture offering Year 12 students an insight into relevant subjects and an understanding of what it would be like to study these subject areas at university. This is part of a Futures Week at the school.
Q1 Which school/college are you from?
- ‘JFS is a co-educational inclusive, modern, orthodox Jewish school that strives to produce well-educated, faithful and proud Jews who will be responsible and contributing members of society.’
Q2 What type of university webinar are you requesting (Please note that some of the options are similar – please choose the one/s that best describes what you are looking for)?
- Taster Lecture – A subject based talk to give students an insight into a subject area and the associated learning experience at university
Q3 Please describe any specific focus and requirements for what is covered in the session/s and what you would like it to achieve (learning/awareness/skills/motivation)?
- Would it be possible to arrange 2 taster lectures for Thursday 24 May both to run from 10.15am-11.15am? It’ll be an Arts/Humanities day so Psychology, Politics or History would be great.
Q4 What year group/s is this for?
- Year 12
Q5 As a rough estimate how many students would you expect to take part?
- 30-45 students in each session
Q6 Please provide up to 3 alternatives for when you would ideally like this to take place allowing a minimum of 3-4 weeks lead time? (If you are requesting more than one session or are unclear/flexible about dates at this stage, please move to question 6).
- Date / Time 24/05/2018 10:15 AM
Q7 If you want to book several sessions, or there is greater flexibility around the date/time, or you are uncertain at this stage when you would like it to happen, please give us as much detail as possible here?
- Respondent skipped this question
Q8 Are you happy for other schools/colleges to be invited? (This often makes it more likely that a university will pick it up and students often say that they enjoy interacting with other schools).
Q9 Do you have any preferences in terms of the universities we try to engage? (In practice the request is more likely to be fulfilled if a wider range of unis can be approached).
Q10 Is there anything further you think would be useful for us to know?