- This event has passed.
The Challenges Of 2030: Theatre & Performance – The Show Must Go On With Dr Louise Ritchie From Aberystwyth University
19th October 2020 @ 12:00 - 12:45
As part of Aberystwyth’s exciting The Challenges of 2030 series, Dr Louise Ritchie from the Department of Theatre, Film & Television Studies will present Theatre & Performance – The Show Must Go On.
For centuries Theatres have been celebrated as a place to gather; sharing and experiencing as part of a collective.
In our current covid world, theatre venues have become a restricted place, out of bounds and with limited access. This physical closure raises questions about who theatre is for and how it reaches audiences.
As we look to the future, the session will focus on Theatre and Performance makers who work outside of traditional theatre venues and the ways in which they are connecting with audiences in new and interesting way.
The other events in The Challenges of 2030 series, which we are adding to, are (Please click):
- 5 October – 14:00-14:45 (UK Time) – Geography In A Digital Age: Reflections On The Smart Technology Revolution
- 12 October – 12:00-12:45 (UK Time) – Fake News, Conspiracy Theories and Disinformation: Past, Present and Future
- 2 November – 12:00-12:45 (UK Time) – Criminology’s Contribution to the Climate Crisis
- 9 November – 12:00-12:45 (UK Time) – Business: Rise of the Machines
- 16 November – 12:00-12:45 (UK Time) – Computer Science – Bioinformatics & Our Genomic Information
- 19 November – 11:15-12:00 (UK Time) – International Politics – The Future of World Order
- 23 November – 12:00-12:45 (UK Time) – Mathematics: Quantum Computing
- 30 November – 12:00-12:45 (UK Time) – Climate Change & Conservation
Lecturer Profile (Please Click): Dr Louise Ritchie
Suitable for: Year 10 to Year 13 students. The session will be suitable for those studying, or interested in studying, Drama, Theatre, Performance, English Lit, Creative Arts.
Preparation or Pre-Reading: When you think about theatre, what images spring to mind? Take this image and draw a picture of the theatre as you see it. Please bring along to the webinar Future 2030: The Show Must Go On. All drawings are welcome – the good, the bad and the ugly!
The IT Setup: The event will be run on Bluejeans and participants will be able to join using laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. If you are joining as a school group, we recommend connecting with one device and projecting on to a whiteboard. You will be able to interact with the university via a microphone and/or typed comments and questions. Full details will be sent to those who have registered (see below) prior to the event.
Booking a Place: This is free for schools and colleges. If you would like to take part in this event, please register your interest using the link to the registration form below: