- This event has passed.
HE Guidance: What Admissions Tutors Are Looking For – Business Management With Lily Wearden & Dr Ian Harris From Aberystwyth University
19th October 2020 @ 13:30 - 14:00
In Aberystwyth’s What Admissions Tutors Are Looking For series, we are offering 3 quickfire, interactive 30 minute weekly events to support students with their current and future university applications.
Each session will focus on a specific ‘Faculty’ and will include a live conversation between a student recruitment executive, an admissions tutor and a current student, with time allocated to engage participants in the conversation.
In this session we will be covering applications to Business Management, discussing:
- What it’s like to study Business Management (more broadly and at Aberystwyth);
- What type of students flourish/excel and what students gain from Business Management courses;
- What the application process looks like and whether it differs much from other universities;
- What the university looks for in applications and suggestions to ensure that the application stands out, with a particular focus on Personal Statements.
This is a great opportunity to hear from the people who will be making decisions about applications and who know what attributes make students thrive at university. In a relaxed and friendly forum, it is also the perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have about the admissions process.
Within Business Management, Aberystwyth University offers courses in Economics, Accounting, Mathematics and Finance.
The other events in this series are (Please click):
- 5 October – 13:00-13:30 – What Admissions Tutors Are Looking For – Arts & Social Sciences
- 12 October – 13:30-14:00 – What Admissions Tutors Are Looking For – Sciences
Suitable for: Year 13 students planning to apply to university. Year 12 are also welcome.
Preparation or Pre-Reading: We recommend that students prepare in advance some questions relevant to their potential HE application and, if they are at this stage, to think about any issues they might be facing with their application and/or writing their Personal Statement.
The IT Setup: The event will be run on Bluejeans and participants will be able to join using laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. If you are joining as a school group, we recommend connecting with one device and projecting on to a whiteboard. You will be able to interact with the university via a microphone and/or typed comments and questions. Full details will be sent to those who have registered (see below) prior to the event.
Booking a Place: This is free for schools and colleges. If you would like to take part in this event, please register your interest using the link to the registration form below: