- This event has passed.
HE Guidance: Student Finance – Making It Easy To Budget & Understand With Susan Stokes-Chapman, Dafydd Morse & Student Ambassadors From Aberystwyth University
July 8 @ 14:00 - 15:00
As part of Aberystwyth’s webinar series Your Guide to Higher Education: Making it from Application to Arrival, this session will initially explain the Student Funding system, and will look briefly at the difference between the system in England and Wales.
- It will explain the elements of University life that are funded, namely the Tuition Fees and Maintenance.
- It will explain how SFE and SFW contribute to paying for these costs through loans and grants.
- We’ll look at Scholarships, and how to search for them, and what they can offer.
- We’ll also look at what other financial assistance is available to students.
- A final key topic will be budgeting for university – when do loans/grants/scholarships/bursaries arrive, and what do we pay for – the contribution and knowledge of the student ambassadors will be vital for this element.
Students will interact through a poll and in Q&A session at the end, although we’ll welcome contributions throughout the session.
Students will benefit from the session by having a better understanding of the funding system for higher education.
Susan and Dafydd are Student Recruitment Officers at Aberystwyth University and they will be supported by two Student Ambassadors, Rebecca and Elen.
Suitable for: Year 12 and 13 students (and equivalent). All students thinking about going to University.
Preparation/Pre-Reading: None is required although you may wish to consider questions you have about the transition to university and financing your studies.
The IT Setup:The event will be run on Bluejeans and participants will be able to join using laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. You will be able to interact with the university via microphones and/or typed comments and questions. Full details will be sent to those who have registered (see below) prior to the event.
Booking a Place: This is free for schools and colleges. If you would like to take part in this event, please register your interest by clicking on the link directly below for the registration form: