- This event has passed.
COP26 Business: The Role of Responsible Business & Marketing in Creating Sustainable Futures With Dr Lucill Curtis From University of East Anglia and Squiish COO & Co-founder Mo Özsoy
4th November 2021 @ 14:15 - 15:00
What role do businesses play in creating a sustainable future? How does being a responsible business impact an organisation’s strategic and marketing decision-making?
In this session, Lucill Curtis from Norwich Business School (University of East Anglia) will be joined by former student Mo Özsoy, who has set up his own award-winning company, Squiish. The company is looking to revolutionise the personal care products industry by providing alternatives to plastic packaging for liquid products such as shampoo.
Join us to find out more about what it really means to be a responsible business and how the power of marketing can help achieve a sustainable future for us all.
- The importance of external influences on business and how businesses change in response to these influences, including: the impact of ethical and environmental considerations on businesses, including sustainability.
- The purpose of business activity, the role of business enterprise and entrepreneurship, and the dynamic nature of business.
- Business aims and objectives, how and why they differ between businesses, and how and why they change as businesses evolve.
- The purpose of marketing, its role within business and how it influences business activity.
- The importance of the context of business in relation to decision making.
- Influences on the mission of a business.
- The influences on functional decisions and plans, including ethical and environmental issues.
- The influences of corporate social responsibility, ethical and environmental issues on strategic and marketing decisions.
This session is part of UEA’s COP26 series, exploring links between different fields of study and issues relating to the environment and climate change. COP26 is the name of the UN Climate Change Conference taking place in Glasgow from 31 October – 12 November 2021.
For further details about this great series and to see other COP26 events on offer from UEA, please click below:
Our events are designed so that a group of students can take part from a classroom, or students and teachers can take part as individuals, either from school or from home. This means that sessions will continue irrespective of possible school closures.
As a live, participative event, this session will not be recorded but access to slides and other relevant resources will be given, where possible.
Suitable for: Key Stage 4 & Key Stage 5 students studying or with an interest in studying Business, and related subjects. Teachers and members of school staff, as always, are welcome too and participants can join as individuals from school/college or home, or as a group from school/college.
Preparation/Pre-Reading: Students are asked to consider some of the key issues and any questions they might like to ask during the session.
Booking a Place: This is free for schools and colleges. If you would like to take part in this event, please register your interest using the link to the registration form below: