- This event has passed.
Business/ Management/ Finance/ Economics: Before, During & Beyond … Business With Dr Ian Harris, Jeff Chilton & Jack Collins (Alumnus) From Aberystwyth University
May 13 @ 17:00 - 18:00
We are delighted to present the Before, During and Beyond … series from Aberystwyth University in which each event focuses on a particular subject area to introduce the decisions that need to be made before choosing a degree course, the study period itself and how University alumni have succeeded beyond studying the course.
For Before, During & Beyond … Business we are joined by Dr Ian Harris, Lecturer at the Aberystwyth Business School (ABS), Jeff Chilton, Student Recruitment Officer, and Jack Collins an ABS alumnus in Business Finance.
In addition to the vibrant, contemporary focus of studying business-related degrees, a fundamental objective is that they provide an investment in your future; that there is a strong correlation between studying business and career progression, with Business Students amongst the top 3* earning professions upon graduation.
By attending, you will gain some invaluable insights to help on your journey to securing a place at a high-quality UK business school.
Within the webinar, we will:
- Provide application advice that will help you throughout Year 12 and Year 13 which may improve your chances of securing a place on your preferred Business related course
- Give you a flavour of what a business degree can offer you, from course content to the varied career progression routes available (they are endless). Oh, and we’ll explain how high-quality Business Schools create networks/links with industry that you will exploit throughout your career
…and then perhaps most importantly, the session will also:
- Provide insights from an experienced business school alumnus (ex-student)
- Discuss how they have maximised the opportunities provided by ABS
- Consider the challenges they overcame, and how they have obtained funded post-graduate studies
If you are considering a Business related degree, this event is designed to help you make the best decision on where to invest in your future…
For further details about this great series and to see other Before, During and Beyond … events on offer, please click below:
Lecturer Profile (Please Click): Dr Ian Harris
Suitable for: Years 11, 12 and 13 or equivalent students considering a Business related Degree. This could include areas of Business and Management, Accounting and Finance, Economics, Marketing and Tourism. Interested students are also welcome from other disciplines.
Preparation or Pre-Reading: There is no formal preparation or pre-reading but participants may like to consider in advance some questions relevant to the subject area.
The IT Setup: The event will be run on Bluejeans and participants will be able to join using laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. You will be able to interact with the university via a microphone and/or typed comments and questions. Full details will be sent to those who have registered (see below) prior to the event.
Booking a Place: This is free for schools and colleges. If you would like to take part in this event, please register your interest using the link to the registration form below: