- This event has passed.
Art: The Bigger Picture – Art, Employability & Saving The World With Dr Annabel Frearson From University Of Reading
October 21 @ 14:30 - 15:30
In this participative event with University of Reading, Dr Annabel Frearson will consider why you might want to study Art at degree level, possibly combined with another subject as a joint degree, and bust some myths around Employability.
The session will cover:
- the bigger picture: thinking about your priorities and values in life
- what an Art degree is like: what and how you learn
- joint degree options and how to combine your studies effectively
- how an Art degree equips you with skills not just to be an artist.
The session with Reading will be ideal for young people who are wondering:
- what subjects to choose moving forwards
- what your goals might be, and how to achieve them
- whether Art would be worth studying.
You will gain:
- the opportunity to reflect on your own values
- a better understanding about Art as a subject beyond school/college
- knowledge about key skills for employability.
Suitable for: Year 10 to 13 students considering the possibility of studying Art at university or simply wanting to find out more. Teachers and members of school staff, as always, are welcome too, particularly where you are joining as a group along with your students.
Preparation or Pre-Reading: No preparation is required but students may like to consider questions relating to studying Art and subsequent career paths.
The IT Setup: The event will be run on Bluejeans and participants will be able to join using laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. If you are joining as a school group, we recommend connecting with one device and projecting on to a whiteboard. You will be able to interact with the university via a microphone and/or typed comments and questions. Full details will be sent to those who have registered (see below) prior to the event.
Booking a Place: This is free for schools and colleges. If you would like to take part in this event, please register your interest using the link to the registration form below: